Working with a market leader in the field of access control, we have an opening for an Accounts Receivable working within a growing finance team. Great outfit to work for with much to offer
The person responsible for this role will be supporting the Accounts Receivable functions within the finance team. They will need to know how to develop and optimise relationships with customers, both internal & external. They will need to be proactive, self-motivated, and happy to get involved with many varying tasks.
Main Duties of Job
- Maintain the accuracy of customer accounts to ensure accurate company financial statement reporting.
- Process cash allocation from bank statement, through ERP.
- Monitor unallocated cash, liaising with business unit and customers to resolve
- Liaising with other group companies to resolve customer payments made to the wrong division/bank account.
- Process new customer requests in ERP and verify customer data using credit referencing agencies, companies house, Dow Jones, ensure this meets requirements for credit policy & internal authority matrices.
- Maintain sales ledger master data including annual credit reviews, name changes, changes to Companies House & credit risk information.
- Manage insolvencies and Court recoveries, including 7 day letters (notice of intent).
- Proactively manage ledger accounts to ensure accounts are paid strictly to terms including pre-due chasing, due reminders, overdue chasing, placing accounts on stop.
- Take card payments for non-credit customers.
- Manage queries – ensure query information for unpaid invoices has been passed to the relevant departments.
- Monitor stopped accounts and orders on hold throughout the day to ensure orders can be released where necessary.
- Issue monthly statements to customers / copy invoices.
- Debtors reporting and debt commentary for 61+ debts.
- Proven record of AR work
- Significant hands-on business experience with accounting functions
- Strong commercial and strategic understanding
- Must be fluent in English (oral & written)
- Able to manipulate data and have reasonable Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain the accuracy of accounts to ensure accurate company financial statement reporting.
- Self-driven, results-oriented entrepreneurial person with a positive outlook and a clear focus
- Attention to detail and ability to process a high volume of invoices.
- Ability to work both within a defined structure as well as independently
- Ability to operate in an environment of teamwork, common goals, and transparency
- A commitment to deliver great customer experience
In addition to a competitive salary, other benefits include;
- Matched pension at 5%
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days leave
- Life Assurance x 3
- Spouses pension
- Income Protection / Permanent Health Insurance