Associate Civil Engineer
Associate Civil Engineer/Civils Team Leader
Situated centrally in Leeds we are looking for an Associate Civil Engineer (Or very good and ambitious Principal) to lead our Civil Engineering Team. Our client remains proudly independent and employee owned.
You will be responsible for leading a large team of engineers and technicians working on projects across a variety of sectors. The role involves the design of both highways and drainage with the greater emphasis is on the drainage design.
You must have experience managing large complex teams ideally within a multi-disciplinary environment, conducting appraisals and good performance management experience.
- Supervision of multiple projects, taking responsibility to ensure compliance with IMS, CDM regulations, timely delivery of information, quality of our information and efficient/effective working
- Resource planning for their team (on all projects the team is delivering) and assessing resource requirements from other teams that may be needed
- Track financial performance on projects and react accordingly
- Make sure the team is working efficiently and effectively
- Attend the resources meetings and make a positive, constructive contribution
- Lead by example; create a positive atmosphere and positive relations with clients and staff, show trust, listen to ideas, be aware of and deal with friction, train people to bring solutions not problems and take responsibility when things go wrong.
- We are looking for a natural leader, a problem solver who wants to help people become the best engineers they can be sharing their expert technical knowledge in a way that all can understand
- Proven experience of leading a large civil engineering team
- Accredited degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering (or equivalent)
- Hold or be working towards Chartered status (IStructE or ICE)
- IT literate with experience of drainage design software packages and Microsoft Office
- Technically competent and understands the fundamental of drainage and highway design; and the associated construction details.
- Experience working with the Eurocodes & Building Regulations
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid Working Policy
- 30 days holidays + birthday holiday and option to purchase further holidays
- 12% company pension contribution
- Health cash plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance and long-term illness protection
- Plus much more……
Interested? Apply Now!