Associate Ecologist – BNG
Associate Ecologist – BNG
Working with a tri-discipline environmental consultancy, we are seeking Associate Ecologists to operate from their London or Manchester office. We require two Associate Ecologists, one in each location with one role being more BNG focussed than the other.
As an Associate Ecologist passionate about botany, habitat management, and its real-world application, we’re searching for a biodiversity net gain expert to steer our initiatives across the national team.
What will you be doing?
- Overseeing the technical quality of our outputs
- Stepping up as the Project Director for larger or more intricate ventures
- Embodying a proactive stance in technical leadership
- Championing your area of expertise, staying updated with the latest trends, and sharing insights with the team
- Playing a pivotal role in our internal training initiatives
- Mentoring and collaborating with members across all offices
- Enhancing our work quality by collaborating across disciplines and with contractors
- Crafting pragmatic solutions for our clients, always with a solution-driven mindset
- You’ll also take on the challenge of steering intricate projects right from their inception to the final touches. This encompasses everything from Preliminary Ecology Appraisals to Management Plans and Method Statements.
- This role is all about enabling our team to land projects they love. Forge genuine, rewarding relationships with our clients, champion their projects, and don your problem-solving hat. Because nothing beats the satisfaction of resolving clients’ challenges.
So what do we need;
- Top academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
- Excellent survey skills, including extended Phase I, protected species surveys (with at least one licence or specialism) and/or botanical survey(s)
- To be a CIEEM member working towards Chartership
- Experience with EIA and HRA
- Strong report writing and reviewing capabilities
- A solid grasp of the legislative and planning policy framework
- To maintain regular and open communication with our clients, ensuring we’re attuned to their needs and challenges
- The ability to take the lead as a Project Director on larger projects, ensuring their timely and successful delivery
- Confidence in liaising with statutory bodies and LPAs
- To be an enthusiastic team player, always ready to pitch in and collaborate
- A commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all tasks
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A full UK driving licence
As a company, our client are different and operate differently in so many ways. Getting the life/work balance right is important to them hence why they are one of the companies who have trialled (and now made permanent) a 4 day week.
4 days work, 5 days salary, what’s not to like!