Working with a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy, we are seeking an Ecology professional at either Associate or Principal to manage and lead their ecology activities across the Home Counties. Hybrid working is very much part of working life with this client so getting the balance right is important.
Perhaps you are a Senior ready for the step up or an established Principal looking for the right opening.
Working in the ecology planning sector, this role will be to manage and deliver complex projects from inception and bidding stages through to the completion of planning documents such as Preliminary Ecology Appraisals, Ecological Assessments, Ecological Impact Assessments, Mitigation Strategies, Management Plans and Method Statements.
You will also be scoping, designing and undertaking ecological surveys. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background who can be a technical lead for the team, nurturing our consultants and graduates in the early stages of their careers.
So what do we ideally need?
- The ability to be a proactive technical lead for the region and share technical knowledge with/mentor the wider ecology team, including any areas in which you specialise
- A desire to manage large and complex projects
- Hold an academic qualification in ecology or biological sciences
- Strong survey skills including extended Phase 1, protected species surveys and/or botanical surveys (with at least one licence or specialism)
- Excellent report writing and reviewing skills
- A developed understanding of legislative and planning policy framework
- Confidence in liaising with clients, statutory bodies and LPAs
- A commitment to the pursuit of excellence, including a desire to innovate how we deliver for our clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of EIA/HRA/protected species licencing
- Be a full member of CIEEM
- Hold a full UK driving licence