Associate Project Manager
Due to one of our clients continuing success and growth, they are looking for their next talented Associate Project Manager to join their Project Management team.
If you have experience of construction project management and ready for a new challenge, this role will offer you the opportunity to develop your skills. If you have excellent communications skills, are able to articulate complicated issues between their clients and their highly skilled project teams, are ambitious and have a willingness, have commercial awareness and the ability to complete projects to agreed timelines, this role will give you the opportunity to be involved in projects worth up to £300m clients including F1 Teams, corporates, schools/universities, retail, healthcare, defence, this diverse portfolio of projects provides their team with variety to continue growing their careers.
What they offer:
- This is a Team Leader position. They will mentor the right candidate to familiarise themselves with the companies P&L account for the team and manage team members.
- They can offer NEC Project Management accreditation training via an approved course
- This role offers the chance to progress your career within an expanding project management team at a forward thinking, friendly company
- Exposure to a wide variety of projects, sectors, clients, teams and discipline experts
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the team approach, adding value for their clients.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist with leading and managing the Project Management team
- Manage clients and develop further opportunities
- Be part of business development forums such as Sector Groups
- Link into the Project Management Discipline across all offices
- Look to grow the group with new and repeat clients
- Establish detailed Client’s brief and responsibilities of consultants and specialists
- Establish lines of communication and reporting procedures with the client and within the design team
- Arrange feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation etc
- Advise on/implement the selection and appointment of all necessary consultants and specialists
- Co-ordinate and obtain planning consents and all necessary statutory approvals
- Prepare and maintain the master programme for all pre and post contract activities and monitor progress
- Manage finances from inception to completion, including cash flow forecasts, monitoring project expenditure, and recommendations of payments by client, as well as internal budget and resourcing
- Manage the Design Team, including leading on risk and value management
- Interview and select contractors for tendering or negotiation, evaluate tenders received and appoint contractor
- Inspect and monitor the construction works with regard to quality and conformity to agreed specifications and drawings
- Oversee the administration of the Building Contract, including the preparation of all necessary instructions and certificates
- Chair progress, co-ordination and project meetings throughout the contract period
- Prepare regular reports to clients on all aspects of the project inspection, scheduling and acceptance of works required under the defects liability and maintenance provisions of the contract
- Day-to-day responsibility for projects
- Provide single point of contact taking responsibility for all aspects of the project and liaise with the client
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ideally chartered RICS, CIOB, RIBA, MICE
- Experience in a similar role
- Significant consultancy construction project management experience
- The ability to lead a series of projects and Client relationships, with limited support
- The ability to set up and drive new projects from inception, including the early stages of site de-risking, to completion and close out
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and particularly MS Project and/or Asta PowerProject is essential
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between the clients and the highly skilled project teams. You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to work flexibly, both in the office and on-site, whilst demonstrating commercial awareness and exhibiting the ability to lead teams to complete the projects to agreed timelines.
Apply in confidence to this advert or contact Izzy Brady on 0 7 7 5 9 1 2 7 6 2 2 for more information.