Associate – Transport & Highways
Transport & Highways
Working with a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, the committed and can do attitude has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for an Associate/Associate Director to help support the Senior Management Team by servicing existing client’s needs, while also helping to grow the team by securing new clients and exploring new avenues of work. A suitable candidate will enjoy a varied workload and the challenges provided by our diverse clients.
The team undertakes the following activities;
- Provides public and private sector clients with first class transport planning and highway design consultancy services
- Prepares site appraisals, feasibility studies and provides pre-application advice for a range of commercial, education and residential developments
- Prepares Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans to accompany planning applications
- Undertakes traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments
- Prepares evidence to support strategic site promotion
- Prepares evidence to support Local Plan Inquiries and Planning Appeals
- Undertakes highway design work for a wide variety of schemes, including S278, S184 and S38 works
- Carries out Road Safety Audit and Non-Motorised User Audits – WCHAR Assessments
What do we need?
Qualified to a minimum of degree level in an appropriate subject
- A proven ability to lead/manage projects, including their finances
- An ability to deal with clients and other professionals
- An ability to professionally represent the company
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An ability to lead a team of professional transport planners and engineers
- Experience in preparing complex Transport Assessments
- Experience with undertaking and/or interpreting micro-simulation traffic modelling using Paramics or VISSIM or network modelling using SATURN
- Experience of promoting large scale residential development through the Local Plan process, with associated preparation of relevant evidence base
- Experience of appearing at and preparing evidence to support Planning Appeals and Public Enquiries as an expert witness
- An ability to prepare firm and robust rebuttals to statutory consultees through the planning process including negotiating S106 requests to secure positive results for our clients
- Chartered in an appropriate subject discipline
- Experience with highway design and Road Safety Audits
- An ability to win new work, foster client relationships and grow the team / business
Competitive salary (typically £50-70k DOE)
matched pension up to 5%,
Professional membership fees paid.
Salary sacrifice scheme
Death in Service benefit
25 days leave
Buy/sell extra leave
Flexible working including the opportunity to work from home
Free on-site parking
Plus more ….
Apply Now or call Steve Halliday at Flagship Consulting to discuss further.