Up to £40k DOE
Working with a leading infrastructure consultancy, an opportunity has arisen for a Bridge Engineer within their multi-disciplinary civil engineering team based in Glasgow. The main purpose of this role will be to support the Highway Structures Team locally and across the business where necessary by taking a key role in the Design of highway structures projects and supporting generally across replacement, refurbishment or strengthening of all aspects of highway structures from Feasibility through to Implementation Stages
What you’ll be doing:
- Principal, general inspection of highway structures
- Assisting with assessment of highway structures
- Contribution to feasibility studies, designs and reports
- Maintenance planning and management
- Preparing designs in accordance with current design standards taking into account CDM legislation, whole life costing, value and risk management.
- You will liaise with clients to ensure projects are delivered in the most timely and efficient manner possible.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of Degree qualified with post graduate qualification a definite advantage
- Highway structure design experience to British Standards and Eurocodes
- Experience of bridge asset management
- Experience of highway structure inspections and assessments
- Good knowledge of DMRB
- Knowledge of project management techniques
- Knowledge of Form of Contract and Contract preparation
What do you get?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension
- Life assurance and more ….
If interested, apply now!