Construction Material Buyer
Are you an experienced buyer wanting to work for a leading residential developer? Wanting to work for a company who will advance and challenge you as a person? Do you want some of the best training and development in the industry?
Location: Launceston, Cornwall
- Pre-construction involvement in design meetings regarding product selection.
- Obtaining prices for all supplies required to complete the works.
- Identifying and assessing potential suppliers and products.
- Maintaining detailed records such as tracking documents and purchasing databases.
- Analysing tender returns and making recommendations.
- Ensuring supplies and suppliers comply with safety, health and environmental and other requirements.
- Preparing and issuing contracts.
- Raising orders for supplies.
- Preparing and maintaining cost reports.
- Ensuring the flow of materials to maximise efficiency.
- Negotiating favourable terms and delivery times with suppliers.
- Taking part in value engineering and cost-saving initiatives.
- An understanding of the construction industry
- Have residential material buying experience (Not essential)
- Can build relationships/ already have existing relationships with suppliers and plant hire companies
- Studying or already obtained a NVQ/Degree equivalent in supply chain management
- Well organised, diplomatic, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines