Flagship are pleased to be working in partnership with a key client to help recruit a Contracts Manager to oversee their Construction Department.
The Contracts Manager will report into the MD and be responsible for managing all site-based activities to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, to the required standards within budget, whilst maximising client satisfaction.
- Ensure that Health and Safety legislation and company Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- Control and monitor each project and prioritise suitable time to each project activity
- Monitor and review quality externally e.g. design information being correct and available, and inspire a culture of enquiring and challenging items
- Ensure contract construction programmes are available, accurate and that key dates are met.
- Review sub-contractors performance and take immediate steps to communicate issues throughout course of the project.
- Provide site support
- Liaise with client, client representative from beginning of project through to post contract
- Manage/ communicate roles and responsibility for staff to ensure optimum return from each operative
- Ensure projects built to correct specification
- Ensure site teams are maximizing value whilst minimizing cost
- Decide (Plan and communicate) when to pass project on to maintenance team
- Head weekly Health & Safety meetings with site teams
- Monitor and review budgets and costs including liaising with surveyor to minimise costs and maximise value
- Explain sub-contract and labour only orders and review payments
- Ensure site project retains good image and provides excellent visual impression
- Discuss and deliver training with teams to identify good practice e.g. allow for poor weather conditions and impact on programme, pre-planning and programming, benefits of accurate record keeping
- Manage the construction element of the bid process
- Negotiate with clients to secure projects, allocate resources, manage project start-ups
- Overview the onsite Site Managers, Quality, Health & Safety,
- Work closely with clients and business partners to develop future business.
- Inspire others to be responsible, accountable and to make decisions
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
- A chartered qualification (MCIOB / RICS) or currently aspiring towards this
- Practical site experience
- Extensive build experience across various techniques
- SMSTS certificate / Director H&S Trained Qualification (CITB)
- CSCS Card (Black Card or above)
- Good communication skills
- Assertive and strong persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good management and leadership skills