Flood Risk Consultant Manchester Permanent Salary – Competitive plus benefits Our client hydrology
Flood Risk Consultant
Salary – Competitive plus benefits
Our client hydrology team is looking for an environmental professional to provide support and assistance across a range of environmental projects and technical areas.
The successful candidate will be a flexible worker willing to attend site works as required, an enthusiastic learner looking to develop their skills and knowledge, an effective contributor to the overall success of the team. They will be able to deliver innovative, environmental solutions to our clients, to collect and interpret environmental data and information and to present/discuss projects with clients and Regulators.
The role will provide support and assistance across a range of environmental projects and technical areas, including, but not limited to:
- Flood Risk Assessments;
- Hydrological Analysis using FEH, WINFAP and ReFH;
- Hydraulic Modelling using WinDes,
- Supporting the preparation of Environment Statements;
- Undertake WFD assessments;
- Undertaking site walkovers;
- Undertaking literature and web-based research on technical issues;
- Data collection and processing.
- Undertake and support site environmental sampling and monitoring programmes
What do we need from you?
- Environmental Science or related degree;
- Proficient report writing and IT skills, including the ability to use MS Word and particularly MS Excel;
- Knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory guidance; NPPF, Planning Practice Guidance, TAN15 and SPP7; and
- Experience in dealing with environmental Regulators (EA/NRW).
- The role may also necessitate travel inside the UK and a driving licence is essential.
- An understanding of the UK Legislative system;
- Experience using hydraulic modelling software
What we offer you:
In addition to a stimulating career in a warm and inclusive environment, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Private Healthcare, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships
Apply NOW! Or call Steve Halliday at Flagship Consulting to discuss further.