Healthcare Advisory Consultant
Our clients Healthcare Advisory team works in the UK, primarily with NHS clients across primary, community, acute and mental health sectors, to:
- provide healthcare planning ranging from market analysis, activity and capacity modelling to SOAs and design development support
- coordinate and write business cases to secure capital funding for investment in new healthcare developments.
- develop estate strategies from PCN through NHS Trust to ICS-wide.
- all underpinned by solid project and programme management skills.
This company have ambitious growth plans as part of a newly established Strategic Advisory team and are recruiting to between Consultant and Principal levels in their Healthcare Advisory team.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team in a dynamic, forward-thinking company and provide specialist capital project consultancy services and related technical advice to clients on estate strategies and capital projects. The position is based in their London or Birmingham office with hybrid-working or office-based options.
You will either lead commissions or work as part of a team providing a range of consultancy services to support the clients. You will have the opportunity to develop your career with formal and informal training and support and take on more challenging and independent work as your skills and confidence grow.
Services offered by the team include:
NHS business case development, healthcare planning, estate strategies, space utilisation studies project management, capital project planning and procurement, post project evaluation and operational commissioning plans for new hospitals.
The team you will join sits alongside a large number of complementary teams, working on many of the country’s most iconic projects, providing services such as economic advisory; commercial management; project, programme and design management; FM advisory; risk consultancy; building surveying; property surveying; environmental and energy advice; engineering design; digital solutions; transport planning, geographical information systems and development advice. An exciting part of the role is the opportunity to connect these services with their healthcare clients to help make their services and estates future ready.
- Consultant: Ideally UK/NHS health sector experience or professional services consultancy experience
- Senior Consultant: Ideally UK/NHS health sector experience working for a professional services consultancy
- Additional experience working in a clinical or management role in the NHS is desirable.
Proven ability and track record delivering some or all of the following advisory services:
- Estate strategies
- Business cases
- Feasibility studies
- Post project evaluations
- PPP technical advisor
- Project management
- Programme management
- Healthcare planning
- Space utilisation studies
- Capital project planning and procurement
- FM advisory
Additional experience and/or a willingness to work in one or more of the following sectors would be desirable:
- Central government departments
- Higher education
Work winning requirements (Principal)
- Experience in helping to prepare elements of tender submissions and preparing and delivering presentations to win new work
- External networking
- Internal networking
Management skills (Principal)
- Experience managing internal and external teams to deliver commissions
- Experience preparing and updating resource plans and financial forecasts for internal business management/reporting purposes
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- degree qualified (essential)
- one or more of: PRINCE 2, MSP, APMPQ, Better Business Cases, MSc Planning Buildings for Health, other professional qualifications (desirable)
- knowledge of NHS property and capital project policy, processes, guidance and stakeholders
- an understanding of construction and the property lifecycle
- able to advise clients on best practice approaches in respect of the service being provided
- able to research, analyse data and present findings verbally, in writing or graphically
- comfortable co-facilitating workshops or chairing meetings
- numerate and comfortable with spreadsheets
- able to prepare project plans and programmes
- an understanding of risk and risk management techniques
What’s in it for you?
This client recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Their hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in their contemporary offices across the UK.
Inclusivity & Diversity?
They want their people to achieve rewarding careers. At work they celebrate integrity and treat people with respect. They support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people come together and do great things.
Health & Wellbeing?
They are committed to supporting their people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
Flex your time?
For improved work life balance, this company offers a company hour which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. They also offer part time working where required, and new for 2022, is the ability to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
They appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why they have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply in confidence to this advert or contact Izzy Brady on 0 7 7 5 9 1 2 7 6 2 2 for more information.