IT Support Engineer
Internal Support Engineer
Circa £24-30k + benefits
Our client are a market leader in the supply and installation of electronic locking systems into the hospitality and allied sectors supplying to both new build and replacement/refurbishment market in such as 5* hotels, hostels, student accommodation, military accommodation and serviced apartments.
This is an excellent opportunity with a market leader in their field and a company who look after their staff.
Technical Support to customers is a critical role within the Company.
Technical Support for customers and field engineers is carried out by an established Technical Support team and we have an opening for an Internal Customer Support Engineer. You will be working within a small friendly team, mainly office and desk based.
Due to the nature of our business the successful candidate needs to have proven experience in supporting customers who use computer based and networked systems.
The role is based at our offices in Reading, Berkshire.
General Objective / Responsibilities
- Answer technical support calls
- Repair of products
Main Duties of Technical Support Team
- Resolve technical issues by telephone and remote support where possible
- Maintain customer software backups and log
- Support external engineers
- Support Sales and AMS
- Repair equipment returned by customers
- Log call conversations on CRM and report to customers
In summary, we ideally need the following;
- Experience and exposure of working with network for third party support vendors, whether this be hospitality systems for hotels or similar background
- Motivation to learn new systems as well as the ability to learn and carry out repairs of electrical equipment relating to client products
- Good Team Player whom isn’t afraid to seek advice when required but also able to use own initiative to resolve customer issues or complaints
- Good Communication skills with customers and work colleagues
- Longevity in previous roles of an IT background supporting systems on a third party network solution
- The ability to diagnose if issues are related to client software or 3rd party network due to AV/Firewall, Group Policy Changes implemented by property owned support team.
- Willingness to learn and set up client supplied equipment (training will be provided)
Salary £24-30k DOE, 25 days leave, matched pension, private healthcare etc
To be considered you must hold full rights to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship
Apply online now!