Junior Sustainability Consultant
Do you have a passion for Sustainability and the Environment? If so, we might have the opportunity for you. As our project portfolio is growing rapidly, so we are looking for a Junior Sustainability Consultant to join our team in Eltham, London with a potential for hybrid working.
- The Sustainability Consultant will work in collaboration with colleagues from across the practice
- Assisting the assessment and design process by carrying out site visits, internal and external presentations and meetings.
- This role will have a focus on Energy Modelling, Building Physics, Energy & Sustainability Strategies for both clients in the public and private sectors.
- Develop skills in understanding and assisting in defining sustainability standards and standard evidence templates.
- Actively participate in co-ordinating with other design team members as part of a multi-skilled team (both internally and externally).
- Actively assist in obtaining, reviewing and assessment of evidence required to achieve certification, via a mix of Excel and on-line tools for keeping track of sustainability assessments.
- To keep accurate records and file all evidence in a fully auditable manner.
- Ensure that work is checked by Senior Sustainability Consultants / Engineers prior to issue.
- Pass knowledge to colleagues.
- Attendance at various project/technical meetings and the taking, preparation and distribution of Minutes (where required in support of your duties).
- Day to day management and execution of project work.
- To develop specific skills and qualifications in sustainability / energy engineering, including:
o SAP Calculations
o SBEM & EPC Calculations
o Planning Energy Statements
o Energy & Carbon Assessments
o Passive Design Analysis
o Thermal Comfort Studies
o Daylight / Sunlight
This role requires you to be DBS checked at an enhanced level and to obtain police vetting. These applications will be made by Baily Garner once a job offer has been accepted.
n.b. The Police vetting process requires you to have been permanently resident in the UK for 3 continuous years (this include UK Nationals)
Successful candidates will ideally:
- Good experience of calculations using Excel & proficient in Word
- Able to author reports
- Relevant degree or equivalent
My client is a modern Multi-disciplinary Consultancy, with collaborative innovation at the heart of what we do. We offer a competitive starting salary, along with an excellent benefits package, and professional progression opportunities as we look to expand the London team. This is a full-time position however we would consider part-time applications.
Some of our amazing benefits include:
- Scottish Windows pension and salary sacrifice (4.5% contribution matched)
- Life assurance cover for all colleagues (x4 annual salary)
- Medicash, health plan
- Professional development scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- Birthday leave
- Long-service leave