Principal Designer (CDM)
Principal Designer required to work for a dynamic and expanding property consultancy based in Plymouth
My client is a top consultancy who has a first class reputation and has always been highly regarded as one of the best to work for across the South West. They have an established track record of delivering projects across a range of sectors, working with some of the UK flagship clients.
To aid their growth strategy within Plymouth they are looking to recruit a PD. The PD will be responsible for managing all Health & Safety issues on a large portfolio of projects.
The PD should come from a consultancy background and be able to demonstrate a strong track record of longevity with recognised consultants. They should also be a confident communicator both internally and externally with clients. Experience with working with CDM 2015 regs is essential along with iMaPS Cert.
- Main activities will include writing PCI’s for multiple small projects within existing stores and reviewing associated construction phase plans and reviewing H&S file information submitted by contractors
- Undertaking other PD duties necessitating appreciation of both H&S and design appropriate to the type of projects
- Experience in CDM 2015 and general H&S – variable according to level and assisted by design background, including building surveying or the like
- Background likely to be consultancy
- NEBOSH general or other basic H&S related qualification required for assistant. At the upper end of the salary range for this position we would expect IMaPS, otherwise working towards this depending upon experience
- We would support the development of the individual in attaining relevant qualifications – all of our CDM/PD’s are required to obtain an APS qualification, although in addition individuals hold IOSH, IIRSM and design qualifications. We are very active in the London APS committee
- At assistant level, the role has potential to develop into providing the full CDM / PD service for small projects / programmes of work and at consultant level this would be the case from the outset
- IT competency (mainly Word, Excel, Outlook) and good written and spoken English essential
- Maintaining the key deliverables tracker, where accuracy and consistency are critical give the number of projects involved. Consistent standards of document production / reviewing essential.
- A mixture of office based and site visits – the latter as the assistant develops and from the outset for the consultant
- Confident communicator, well presented, proactive and flexible
- Capacity to manage a large number of tasks, meeting deadlines and maintaining quality
Please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information please contact Charles Vaughan-Jones in confidence on 07395796460.