Principal Designer – CDM
CDM Advisor required to work with one of the leading independent consultancies in the UK.
My client are currently on the lookout for a CDM Advisor to work with the health and safety team at their office in Plymouth.
Having a very strong presence in with public sector clients at the moment so there will be no shortage of interesting projects to dive into. Another to highlight is a massive £250m eco development the client will be consulting on at the turn of the new year due to last 20+ years.
The role entails:
- Writing PCI’s for multiple small projects within existing stores and reviewing associated construction phase plans and reviewing H&S file information submitted by contractors
- Undertaking other PD duties necessitating appreciation of both H&S and design appropriate to the type of projects
- Experience in CDM 2015 and general H&S – variable according to level and assisted by design background, including building surveying or the like
- NEBOSH general or other basic H&S related qualification required for assistant. At the upper end of the salary range for this position we would expect IMaPS, otherwise working towards this depending upon experience
- We would support the development of the individual in attaining relevant qualifications – all of our CDM/PD’s are required to obtain an APS qualification, although in addition individuals hold IOSH, IIRSM and design qualifications.
- IT competency (mainly Word, Excel, Outlook) and good written and spoken English essential
- Maintaining the key deliverables tracker, where accuracy and consistency are critical give the number of projects involved. Consistent standards of document production / reviewing essential.
- A mixture of office based and site visits – the latter as the assistant develops and from the outset for the consultant
- Confident communicator, well presented, proactive and flexible
- Capacity to manage a large number of tasks, meeting deadlines and maintaining quality
It is preferred that suitable candidates come from a consultancy background and have certification through NEBOSH or IOSH as a minimum. Most preferable is to be APS qualified.
Please send your CV through to email@example.com or give me a call on 07395796460 for the full details.