Principal Designer required to work with one of the leadin independent consultancies in the UK.
My client are currently on the lookout for a Principal Designer to lead the health and safety team at their office in Oxford.
Having a very strong presence in the Education and Commerical sectors there will be no shortage of interesting projects to dive into.
The role entails:
- Writing PCI’s for multiple small projects within existing stores and reviewing associated construction phase plans and reviewing H&S file information submitted by contractors
- Undertaking other PD duties necessitating appreciation of both H&S and design appropriate to the type of projects
- Experience in CDM 2015 and general H&S – variable according to level and assisted by design background, including building surveying or the like
- NEBOSH general or other basic H&S related qualification required for assistant. At the upper end of the salary range for this position we would expect IMaPS, otherwise working towards this depending upon experience
- We would support the development of the individual in attaining relevant qualifications – all of our CDM/PD’s are required to obtain an APS qualification, although in addition individuals hold IOSH, IIRSM and design qualifications. We are very active in the London APS committee
- IT competency (mainly Word, Excel, Outlook) and good written and spoken English essential
- Maintaining the key deliverables tracker, where accuracy and consistency are critical give the number of projects involved. Consistent standards of document production / reviewing essential.
- A mixture of office based and site visits – the latter as the assistant develops and from the outset for the consultant
- Confident communicator, well presented, proactive and flexible
- Capacity to manage a large number of tasks, meeting deadlines and maintaining quality
It is preferred that suitable candidates come from a consultancy background and have certification through the APS.
Please send your CV through to email@example.com or give me a call on 07395796460 for the full details.