Our client seek a Principal Ecologist to lead and support the ecological team delivering master planning inputs, ecological appraisals, ornithological surveys and studies, other protected species surveys, mitigation design and construction and post-construction supervision and monitoring.
Working on diverse projects including exciting infrastructure and renewable energy projects, you will be building up long-lasting client relationships, generating and effectively managing new business and have responsibility for financial planning and management. You’ll project manage a wide and varied workload and supervise field staff and survey effort and have technical oversight and sign-off on project output . You’ll also undertake site surveys, carry out ecological impact assessments as well as ecological mitigation design and implementation.
Travel will be involved, a car allowance will be provided so you will need to have a full UK driving licence.
Your skills and experience
- You will have full membership of CIEEM and have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
- We need you to be an established ecological consultant, have extensive project management experience and have worked in consultancy.
- You’ll be used to leading a team and be great at developing good client relationships to secure repeat business and gain new clients.
- Bat experience is essential as is the ability to plan and undertake habitat surveys and to identify indicator plant species and habitat types.
- You’ll have full knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation and best practice survey techniques
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Buy/sell leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Share Incentive Scheme
If interested, apply to this advert