Principal Mechanical Gas Engineer – Home based
Principal Mechanical Gas Engineer
Home Based/Flexible Working
£60-70k + car/car allowance
A leading consultancy client of ours are currently looking to appoint a Principal Mechanical Gas Engineer to support their Gas Business. Whilst you can work in any of their UK offices, home working is very much an option
Key aspects of the role:
- Taking the lead on projects for gas transmission and distribution networks.
- Liaise with clients regarding design deliverables, approvals and appraisals – preferably you will be a G/17, G/35, PS/5 Approver / Appraiser.
- Liaise with clients to ensure resolution of design queries – taking the lead, coordinating designs and deliverables.
- Keeping updated records to keep track of project progress.
- Provide technical support to projects and the wider gas team.
- Review external design elements to support / manage delivery.
- Support the BU Director developing the gas team and providing technical input in to bids and proposals.
So what do we need?
- Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent).
- A Chartered Engineer with a recognised Institution (e.g. IMechE, IGEM) and a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience working in the UK Gas Industry.
- Experience in designing / planning gas utility infrastructure, including LP, MP, IP and HP.
- Knowledge of Gas Network technical specifications, Gas Industry Standards and IGEM documents.
- Knowledge of gas network construction.
- Understanding of CDM Regulations and requirements for design and construction.
- A team player with the ability to work independently.
- Experience of managing the engineering on projects and leading project teams and delivery.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management and staff at all levels
- A self-starter who can motivate themselves and others
- Excellent organisational skills
- Outgoing and confident, with a can-do attitude.