Project Manager – Residential New Build
A rare opportunity has opened up to join a leading residential developer in the heart of Birmingham? Are you wanting to work for a company who pride themselves on quality? Push to achieve awards? Want to work to realistic build programmes. Get in touch today. Don’t regret not making that decision.
- To have read, understood and comply with Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
- To always adopt the highest level of professionalism to carry out the duties expected of him/her. Motivate, support and manage Site Managers.
- Provide training, coaching, appraisal and support as required to improve their performance.
- Control site preliminary costs in accordance with budget.
- Plan and programme work methods and build sequence on sites under his/her control.
- To be a positive and inspirational leader who actively engages with his workforce to enhance the productivity of the project.
- Leading a package of works, with a fully integrated and dynamic relationship between design, construction and commercial activities.
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude at all times whilst understanding the impact of decisions on all aspects of the project.
- To fully understand design / procurement / construction / completion planning, programming and progress reporting.
- To report openly and honestly at all times, acknowledging problems, analysing and providing solutions.
- Liaising with clients, professional staff including sub-contractors and the general public.
- Supervising Project Managers, Site Managers, contractors and internal staff daily.
- Meeting with Project Managers and Site Managers where appropriate.
- Managing and ensuring the Health & Safety of the entire site and project.
- Maintaining quality & safety control procedures.
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
- Motivating and driving the workforce in a productive and time effective manner.
- Previous Experience of being a Project Manager, Senior Site Manager or Contracts Manager
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Residential Industry / Market
- Experience of delivering multi million pound projects
- Clear understanding of up to date H&S Law and Policies
- Familiar with the workings and requirements of the NHBC
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and management skills
- Well organised, diplomatic, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines