Project Manager Education
The client has a long-established track record in the Education sector, working with schools, colleges, local authorities, and central government to deliver ‘landmarks for learning’ nationally with a strength of vision and concept that are sustainable, inherently flexible and able to change to meet future needs.
This position will suit those looking to further their careers and lead high performing integrated multidisciplinary in house teams working across the education sector with a wide portfolio of work covering new build, refurbishment, remodelling and carbon reduction schemes. This is a client-facing role involving developing the clients’ strategy, initial design, appointment of the contractor and contract management.
In addition to achieving the client’s estate objectives, the project’s typically include BIM and digital construction, sustainability and biodiversity, soft landings, social value creation, and people and skills development.
The companies people share a common drive to succeed, enthusiasm for their work and a passion for providing exceptional service to their clients and communities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the production of tender schedules and contributing to the procurement of trade contractors. On behalf of the client, Issuing the instructions to the developer and its professional team and contractor in accordance with the terms of their appointment or the building contract.
- Overseeing project reporting and recording procedures with the client and the developer’s professional team and contractor.
- Monitoring the performance of the developer and its professional team and the contractor and report to the client.
- Liaising with the developer and its professional team and prepare regular/monthly quality, cost and programme reports.
- Advising the client of any decisions required and obtain authorisation.
- Setting up and chair regular site progress meetings and report on the weekly project and commercial progress.
- Managing and developing the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported and motivated.
- Assessing resources available on a regular basis and bring in additional support/specialist expertise.
- Establishing and monitoring appropriate project operating procedures and systems, specifically ensuring management plan is being followed and adhered to.
- Managing, monitoring and coordinating all key aspects of the project, including but not limited to, cost, value, risk, logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, M&E, design and environment.
- Ensuring closeout and practical completion schedules are completed and issued.
- Preparing detailed project plans and providing financial reports on time (forecasts, budgets, income, fees and etc.).
You have a degree qualification in a relevant discipline and a member of a professional body institute such as RICS, CIOB or APM. You have experience in contract administration and using various forms of contract, in particular, NEC will be preferable.
You have experience in managing complex projects with public sector clients and thrive on delivering positive outcomes. You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and work well as part of a team. You will have experience in delivering projects in a consultancy environment, keen to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities the client has to offer.