Project Manager/Employers Agent-Consultancy
Introducing an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded consultancy on a Project Management and Employer’s Agent team at their head office in Sidcup.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Project Manager/Employer’s Agent with a minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience within the Built Environment both on and off site.
When you join, they will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Their investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from this client’s team members will help you learn and grow.
The companies’ people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. They believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
They offer a competitive benefits package together with excellent career prospects and progression.
Main job purpose
- To support the project management and employer’s agent team and be the project lead for a number of projects concurrently.
- Undertaking role of Employer’s Agent/Contract Administrator and/or Project Manager, depending on the form of construction contract and scope of service.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the client’s brief for each project and capturing and recording this for delivery.
- Ensuring that all work is in full compliance with relevant statutory requirements and regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of the.company
- Obtain instructions and written orders from client(s).
- Prepare tender documentation for submission to contractors, analyse tender returns, negotiate or recommend tender, manage the pre-contract meetings and document items as agreed, prepare the contract documents for the appointment of contractors.
- Liaise with all of the project team, including architects, fire engineers, M&E, structural engineers, contractors etc to agree scheme brief/costs/programme.
- Preparation of Employer’s Requirements/design briefs, preliminary documents including contract amendments.
- Assist the project management team in preparing reports and to manage projected fee billing.
- Capture and monitor project risks and key performance indicators.
- Undertake where required auditing/completion of funding documentation.
- Preparation of building contract for scheme e.g. JCT, remedial/development agreements and the administration of such agreements/contracts
- Ensure that the scope of services are met, including regular site visits, chairing project meetings, producing detailed minutes etc.
- Agree valuations, prepare Certificates/Notices for Payment, PC, Completion of Defects etc
- Undertake snagging / end of defect inspections etc
- Answer all correspondence in a timely manner, including requests for information, tender clarifications and general project enquiries
- Comply with all Company policies and requirements of the Quality Management system
- Keep up to date with all new legislation and disseminate information to team
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery and to be credible in the eyes of the client.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Has an appreciation for key legislation which governs construction work in the UK and statutory requirements which may impact on project delivery.
- Able to read and understand different forms of construction contract.
- Intermediate IT literacy with the ability to confidently use MS Office software packages including MS Project and other products, e.g. NBS Specification and JCT Online, and has the capacity to learn new IT programmes.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output.
- Ensure that the companies Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed (training to be provided).
- To Act as an ambassador to the company in all activities and promote the consultancy services of them to potential clients
- Control and monitor progress on projects to ensure they are run as efficiently and profitably as possible, including delivery timelines and budgets. Assist in resolving issues and manage client expectations.
- Manage the client relationship in conjunction with the Manager.
Ethics and Behaviours
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned team goals and targets.
- Able to work well in a team as well as independently with a focus on priorities.
- Acts with high level of integrity and promotes a no-blame and inclusive culture.
- Displays persistence, determination and ability to overcome obstacles and seek out solutions.
- Effective working relationship with all levels and disciplines both within the Business, external partners and clients and the wider Group.
- Puts case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
Circumstances, Qualifications and Training
- Desirable – To MCIOB / MRICS or working towards the professional review with a minimum of 2 year’s post-graduate experience within the Built Environment both on and off site.
- Essential – BSc Building Surveying, Construction Management of similar or equivalent by experience
- Essential – Undertake CPD in accordance with RICS Regulations
- Essential – Full valid UK driving license holder with access to use vehicle
Benefits & Initiatives
This client offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
Work From Home.
Flexible working scheme.
SimplyHealth healthcare benefit.
Long service award.
Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
Annual season ticket loan.
Generous maternity & paternity pay.
Apply in confidence to this advert or contact Izzy Brady on 0 7 7 5 9 1 2 7 6 2 2 for more information.