Project Manager – Water
Design Project Manager
Our client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of Asset Management, Engineering, Commercial, Customer Programmes and Strategic Advisory services to our clients across the water, energy and environment sectors, across the UK.
This role would ideally be commutable to Leeds, Bradford or Birmingham, however, depending on experience and qualifications for the right candidate other location will work.
Predominantly working within the Water industry but may cover wider utilities and infrastructure.
Candidate will ideally be coming from a consultancy background or a strong design background from contracting.
***This role will very much be focussed on the commercial aspects of the deliverables from the design teams. Some water industry design experience required but it will be the commercial and project management capability within NEC contracts that will take precedence***
Key Responsibilities include;
- Providing effective leadership to ensure timely delivery of multiple design-based projects to agreed time, quality, and cost parameters. This will include the liaison with and co-ordination of technical resource to ensure that the project scope is achieved.
- Risk and Issue management for those Design projects defined.
- Leading Weekly Design progress meetings and documenting the outputs for Client update.
- Contract management duties in accordance with the framework or account processes from contract signature through to invoice with the finance department. This includes management of risk registers, early warning registers and compensation event claims.
- Responsible for ensuring IMS (Integrated Management System) compliance for assigned projects including project audits, project governance and corrective actions.
- Responsible for managing key client projects, coordinating technical resource, and developing scope requirements for those projects assigned.
- Responsible for developing internal programmes for project delivery and reporting on progress to the client and internally for those projects assigned.
- Responsible for developing price quotes for projects assigned and then ensuring these are delivered in line with the agreed budget and profit parameters and any issues are escalated in a timely manner, using in house systems and tools.
- Provide guidance and support to Engineers/Assistant Project Managers and Technical Directors as appropriate to support the delivery of their projects.
Skills and Experience
- Water Industry or wider utilities experience preferred
- APMP/ AMP PMQ (Project Management Qualification)/ PRINCE 2 or equivalent
- Contract management of design schemes lump sum and time and expense
- NEC3/4 accreditation (Desirable)
- A background in design management within construction OR project management on design projects, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- HND or equivalent experience in a civil/mechanical/electrical discipline
- Experience in civil/structural/mechanical/electrical design environment.
- This role operates in a busy, ever-changing environment, so agility and the ability to prioritize tasks according to business needs are crucial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and relevant software is required.
- Microsoft project/ Gantt chart experience (Desirable)
- Project management skills including organisational skills.
- Effective communication, report writing and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and other specialist computer packages (SAP, CRM’s, etc)
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to purchase additional leave
- Pension scheme (6% employer, 4% employee)
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Professional Membership fees paid
- Life Assurance Scheme 4 x annual salary
- Electric Car Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
- Midicash cash plan (Money back on everyday healthcare costs such as dental, glasses, contact lenses)