UK Wide, Office or Home based
We are looking for project managers with previous Environment, Highways, Rail or Water sector experience to join a likeminded team working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
With roles ostensibly home based, roles can be accommodated geographically with some travel.
As a Project Manager, you will be expected to work within a team to successfully manage and deliver capital investment projects on behalf of clients. Involving providing client-side project management support during all stages of the project delivery lifecycle from option studies, option development, construction tender support through to NEC or JCT contract administration.
You will ideally have a background in infrastructure project management and experience of the delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary projects within environment, rail, highways, and water sector environments. You’ll be familiar with working in large, geographically dispersed multidisciplinary teams on projects at all stages of the project lifecycle including development from feasibility to detailed design and construction.
- Development and delivery of business cases
- Client-side project management, including stakeholder, schedule, and contract management
- Ownership of and responsibility for the successful delivery of your project
- Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities
- Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews
- Managing suppliers
- Ensure commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- Manage the delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by project management teams prior to issue
- A demonstrable track record of project management within Environment, Highways, Rail or Water sectors
- Experience of contract management, particularly within the NEC suite of contracts
- Academic or vocational qualification in a relevant technical or project management discipline.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution
Interested? Apply now or Call Steve Halliday at Flagship Consulting