Senior Building Surveyor
Chartered Building Surveyor Required to work for one of the leading construction consultancies in the UK to be based in their office in Plymouth
- Manages the implementation of new technologies and legislation, as appropriate.
- Manages client relationships.
- Financially manages a number of projects, taking responsibility for all aspects of financial management, including invoicing clients.
- Recognized as an expert in building surveying.
- Lead on individual Building Surveying, Project Management, and Contract Administration commissions
- Assist in the preparation of fee bids, mentor key team members to do the same and assist other growth managers in business development
- Continuous improvement to our standards, processes and knowledge to deliver to our core clients
- Technical mentoring and developing our junior staff including APC candidates and apprentices
- Comply with all QSE procedures
- Have an understanding of financial, commercial and risk management from project inception through to completion on own projects
- Conducting a portfolio of fee based activities with our key multi sector client base
- Fully involved in or managing others for the production of drawings, specifications and tender documents
- Survey and Report writing for the full range of typical core Building Surveying services
- Have experience of all aspects of building surveying from design work to condition surveys, feasibilities, and contract administration. This is a varied role so requires a breadth of experience.
- Produce schedules of work, specifications and detailed drawings along with tender documents and construction contracts.
- Produce feasibility and concept reports.
- Manage sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage the delivery of contract administration services.
- Manage asset surveys on larger survey programmes, working with various technology packages to meet client requirements.
- Undertake condition surveys and produce detailed reports.
- Have line manager responsibility for a team of building surveyors.
- Promote the RICS APC and support staff through their APC.
- Experience of working on multiple projects and working for multiple clients on a concurrent basis.
- Have excellent client facing experience.
- Experience in all core Building Surveying work areas especially design services, contract administration and condition surveys
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent client and team interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a number of clients providing core Building Survey services and managing your workload and that of junior team members.
- Be passionate about Building Surveying, developing a team and furthering your career with a leading construction consultancy.
- Have an open willingness to support developing surveyors and respond to their questions.
- Be a strong leader and communicator.
- Be looking for the next step in building surveying and your career progression.
- Be a role model to the team, setting high standards and expectations.
- Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent, in a Building Surveying RICS accredited degree.
- Be able to demonstrate post Chartership experience.
My client are offering an excellent salary and benefits package with the additon of flexible working.
For more information please get in touch with Charlie Vaughan – Jones on 07395796460 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org