Senior Building Surveyor
Chartered Building Surveyor Required to work for one of the leading independent construction consultancies in the South West to be based in their office in Taunton.
- Manages the implementation of new technologies and legislation, as appropriate.
- Manages client relationships.
- Financially manages a number of projects, taking responsibility for all aspects of financial management, including invoicing clients.
- Recognized as an expert in building surveying.
The Building Surveyor will be given a fantastic opportunity to work across all areas of Building Surveying including
- Contract Administration.
- Project Management.
- Technical Due Diligence/ Acquisition services.
- Party Wall / neighbourly matters.
- Condition Surveys and strategic life cycle appraisals.
- The Building Surveyor will also be client facing working predominately within residential projects.
- Have experience of all aspects of building surveying from design work to condition surveys, feasibilities, and contract administration. This is a varied role so requires a breadth of experience.
- Produce schedules of work, specifications and detailed drawings along with tender documents and construction contracts.
- Produce feasibility and concept reports.
- Manage sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage the delivery of contract administration services.
- Manage asset surveys on larger survey programmes, working with various technology packages to meet client requirements.
- Undertake condition surveys and produce detailed reports.
- Have line manager responsibility for a team of building surveyors.
- Promote the RICS APC and support staff through their APC.
- Experience of working on multiple projects and working for multiple clients on a concurrent basis.
- Have excellent client facing experience.
- Experience in all core Building Surveying work areas especially design services, contract administration and condition surveys
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent client and team interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a number of clients providing core Building Survey services and managing your workload and that of junior team members.
- Be passionate about Building Surveying, developing a team and furthering your career with a leading construction consultancy.
- Have an open willingness to support developing surveyors and respond to their questions.
- Be a strong leader and communicator.
- Be looking for the next step in building surveying and your career progression.
- Be a role model to the team, setting high standards and expectations.
- Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent, in a Building Surveying RICS accredited degree.
- Be able to demonstrate post Chartership experience.
My client are offering an excellent salary and benefits package with the additon of flexible working.
For more information please get in touch with Charlie Vaughan – Jones on 07395796460 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org