Senior Building Surveyor
Senior Building Surveyor – required to join a strong consultancy based in the West Midlands
My client are one of the leading consultancies in the area. They have a great dynamic in the office, very welcoming and know their business well.
Due to increase project flow they require another Building Surveyor to come on board! They have been going strong this year, despite the circumstances. They specialise in the education sector predominantly and the project flow is very steady and secure.
Design and use of Auto CAD (Most CAD work will be done by Architectural Technicians however a solid grounding in CAD is preferred)
•Project procurement through the RIBA work stages
•Advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements by carrying out feasibility studies and budget costings
•Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
•Preparing documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
•Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule
•Experience and track record of securing Capital funding from funding agencies
•Building Surveys recording the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects,including proposals for repair
•Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance works of buildings includingprovision of PPM schedules
•Processing planning applications and advising clients on property legislation including DDA,health and safety and building regulations
•Carrying out party wall procedures for both building owner and adjoining owner
- At least 5+ years consultancy experience.
- MCIOB or MRICS chartership preferable.
- Education sector experience essential.
- Able to work independently, managing projects from inception to completion.
- Experience managing junior team members.
- Experience interviewing and building a team of surveyors.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- The client are offering an excellent remuneration package (DOE)
- Benefits include – car allowance, Bupa private healthcare