Senior CAD Technician
Senior CAD Technician
Our client are a leading Real Estate and Civil Infrastructure consultancy. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Cad Technician – Rail to join our team in Leeds where you will be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of projects within the Rail Engineering Sector. Projects will range from a number of smaller projects to large multi-million pound projects. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams, some of your roles and responsibilities will include:
What you’ll be doing:
- The production of engineering CAD deliverables using various CAD based tools, predominantly Bentley and Autodesk products.
- Produce, with support, CAD based deliverables with the correct level of detail for the required stage of design. This could be feasibility through to detailed design.
- Competently structure CAD designs.
- Has experience of using Data Management Systems and can comply with the system standards.
- Has some experience of multi-disciplinary design coordination using CAD tools and with support can integrate other designs into their own
- Liaise with colleagues, other departments and project teams with respect to drawing requirements
- Provide the Project Engineering Team with CAD & Design support throughout the project.
- Train other staff members on the use of MicroStation by means of individual coaching
What we’re looking for:
- Substantial experience in being a CAD Technician
- Competent in the use Bentley MicroStation (2D/3D) and ProjectWise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Able to manage your own time to meet project deadlines and budget targets.
- Ability to respond to Project Manager and Client requests and meet challenging deadlines.
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Technician experience within the Rail sector
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- UK Driving License is desirable
What do you get?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension
- Life assurance and more ….
If interested, apply now!