We are working with a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy with offices in Bristol, Yorkshire and Greater Manchester and are looking for a full-time Senior/Consultant Ecologist to work from their Bristol office.
The Ecology Team offers a wide range of services including Preliminary Ecological Appraisal, Ecological Impact Assessment, Biodiversity Net Gain Metrics, Habitats Regulation Assessment, and Protected Species Surveys for Bats, Badger, Dormouse, Reptiles, Great Crested Newt, and Birds. Through liaison with appointed contractors, we also implement mitigation strategies. We cover the whole of the UK, with projects throughout a range of sectors including Residential Development, Mineral Extraction, Energy Generation, Leisure, and Healthcare. This is a great opportunity for an individual to progress their career in a diverse consultancy.
Required skills and experience:
The role requires candidates to be involved in all stages of projects from concept and planning submission, through to the implementation of mitigation strategies and discharge of associated conditions. Candidates should have experience of working within the environmental consultancy sector, and have/be able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience in the following:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Ecology, Botany, Zoology, or equivalent.
- 2-4 years’ experience.
- Field experience with a range of habitats & protected species.
- Good field recording skills and ability to analyse data.
- The ability to understand, identify and resolve ecological issues.
- Strong ability to produce clear and concise technical reports.
- Understanding of current guidance, UK standards, planning policy and laws.
- Capable of managing own workload and time as well as being part of multi discipline teams and able to work on multiple projects running concurrently.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to their own development and the wider team’s growth.
- UK Driving licence.
- Sound spoken and written English.
- Able to work in the UK.
Desirable: (where relevant to level)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Holds protected species class/survey licence(s).
- QGIS experience.
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to liaise with clients, statutory consultees, and site contractors.
- Can support business development.