On behalf of our mid sized, multi-disciplinary client, we are looking for a Senior Ecologist (or Ecologist ready for step up), with a minimum Level 1 bat survey licence, to join the ecology team and bolster their delivery of projects in the North.
- Leading on the design and coordination of ecological surveys and associated mitigation.
- Project management and client liaison.
- The production of high quality ecological reports.
- Embodying the client values of integrity, commitment, empowerment, sustainability, wellbeing and innovation.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc.).
- Natural England bat class licence (Level 1 or above).
- At least three years’ experience as a professional ecological consultant.
- Good ecological field skills covering a range of protected species and habitats.
- A sound understanding of the legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation.
- The ability to write high quality ecological reports.
- Experience of writing fee proposals, project management and client liaison.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Full driving licence
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.