Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Consultant Engineer
Senior Geotechnical Engineer or Consultant Engineer
Market rate dependant on role
A well respected and leading mid sized multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy are seeking Geotechnical professionals at Senior and Consultant level.
The right person will be stimulated by working on complex projects both small and large ranging from residential sites to larger commercial developments involving multi-disciplinary design. We also have a developing capability in the assessment and mitigation of geo-hazards and the stabilisation of slopes, both in the natural and built environment.
Ideally, you will be based from our Bristol office with the option of hybrid working
What skills and attributes are we looking for?
- An experienced Geotechnical Engineer (3-5years), or Senior Geotechnical Engineer (5+ years) with substantial consultancy experience gained in the UK.
- Significant geotechnical design experience including writing GDR and EWS (to CD622 and EC7).
- BEng, BSc or higher qualification in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering and committed to working towards gaining, or already a Chartered Member of a relevant institution. Alternatively, a first degree in Geology with an Msc in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the specification and design of geotechnical structures (foundations, earthworks, ground improvement, slopes, embankments, gravity structures, nails, anchors, embedded walls etc).
- Experience in the design, supervision and verification of earthworks projects is highly desirable.
- A working knowledge of analytical geotechnical software packages (For example, GEO5, Rocscience suite, Plaxis, Arc GIS, CAD).
- Numerate and able to prepare and work with complicated spreadsheets and equations.
- A knowledge of BS and EN standards, the UK Specification for Highways and others.
- Experienced in writing interpretive geotechnical reports to a high standard.
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
- A proactive and independent thinker with an enthusiastic approach to work.
- Integrity and credibility. People want to work with you (customers and colleagues).
- Full UK Driving Licence.
In addition to a great place to work and an inclusive, friendly ethos, we also offer a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), healthy living bonus, well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. You also get a day off (paid) to do good work for causes close to your heart
Intrigued? Interested? Apply now Or give me a call for a chat on 07812 765697