Senior Landscape Architect
Senior Landscape Architect
Our client are a leading UK environmental planning consultancy specialising in Landscape Planning among other disciplines. They have experience with working to secure planning consent by way of assessment and design inputs across a wide range of sectors including residential, commercial, education, transport and energy.
With a five office network across circa 70 staff, they are one of the fastest growing teams of environmental planning experts in the UK.
To support their continued growth and success, they have an opportunity for a Senior Landscape Architect. This role, in Bristol in particular, offers an excellent opportunity to really develop your career and start to grow your own team.
Successful candidates will be working across a busy landscape planning discipline across the offices carrying out landscape and visual impact assessments, landscape and townscape characterisation and assisting with Public Inquiry work. Landscape design and the preparation of landscape strategy / framework documents within the realm of planning submissions to assist in the delivery of successful schemes is an important element of the role.
We would expect a Senior Landscape Consultant to be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be highly skilled at the appraisal and assessment process in relation to residential, mixed-use and renewable energy schemes. Experience of project management and direct client contact will be essential. You will be expected to manage your time, and have the ability to work with little supervision as well as working with the wider team.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of five years’ post degree/Masters experience and to be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI)
- Experience and evidence of carrying out Landscape Visual Impact Assessments, including input into landscape design / mitigation strategies
- Experience of managing projects on time and to budget, including lead role within multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of business development and commercial awareness
- Excellent written skills
- A good understanding of software would be beneficial
- Full UK driving licence to enable site work
- Any experience of public inquiry would be seen favourably
Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent written skills, a solid grasp of the planning system and be familiar with the appraisal and assessment processes and relevant published guidance. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
With an excellent salary and benefits package, they also offer regular paid time to do good work in the community.
To be considered you must have full rights to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship
Apply Now! Or call me to discuss further.