Senior Mechanical Gas Engineer – Home working
Senior Mechanical Gas Engineer
Home Based/Flexible Working
A leading consultancy client of ours are currently looking to appoint a Senior Mechanical Gas Engineer to support their Gas Business. Whilst you can work in any of their UK offices, home working is very much an option
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing Feasibility Studies and Conceptual designs on UK Gas projects, including pipelines and AGI’s.
- Producing Mechanical/Gas Engineering Detailed Designs on UK gas projects across all pressure tiers.
- Liaise with multidiscipline teams, including CAD Technicians.
- Support Project Manager with project delivery and Design Coordination.
- Liaise with clients to ensure resolution of design queries.
- Keeping updated records to keep track of scheme progress.
- Provide technical support to the project.
What we’re looking for:
- Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent) and either Chartered or actively working towards Chartered Status
- Experience in the UK Gas Industry.
- Experience in designing / planning MP / IP gas infrastructure. (HP experience would be desirable).
- Knowledge of IGEM Standards, including IGEM/TD/1, IGEM/TD/3 and IGEM/TD/13.
- Knowledge of technical specifications for equipment including governors, pipe and fittings.
- Working knowledge of the IGEM/GL/5 process and associated gas industry associated processes (G/17, PS/5, G/35).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management and staff at all levels
- A self-starter who can motivate themselves and others
- Excellent organisational skills
- Outgoing and confident, with a can-do attitude.