Flagship are pleased to be working with one of the UK’s leading privately owned contractors, and best known brands in construction. Due to excellent year on year growth, we are now recruiting an experienced Senior Planner to work from their Manchester.
The Senior Planner will be responsible for leading the planning & controls function on tenders, projects or programmes of works.
The Senior Planner will be responsible for developing, maintaining and managing all programmes, project controls and other time-related and production control deliverables, (sequence drawings, phasing diagrams, (BIM 4D would be advantageous), logistics and site management plans, S curves, milestone/key date trackers, resource histograms, plant schedules, etc.), with extensive experience, skill and knowledge in producing these deliverables from first principles (volumetric, unit rates and benchmarks).
Responsibilities of the Senior Planner include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the responsibilities identified to you in the Company Health and Safety Policy Part 2 are conducted in accordance with the Company Management System (CMS)
- Lead and manage the project planning and controls function
- Have staff management, development and or coaching responsibility
- Have excellent planning skills with a detailed understanding of construction methods
- Have a proven ability to develop and maintain programmes, project controls deliverables and other time-related materials, in conjunction with colleagues and other key stakeholders Develop relationships with client, professional team and supply chain
- Contribute to pre-contract planning and work winning
- Have a developed understanding of strategic planning and project management systems Implement robust project controls, accurate reporting status and forecasting
Ideally degree qualified with demonstrate ability to effectively plan and utilise necessary planning software to a high standard e.g. Asta Powerproject /Teamplan (or Oracle Primavera P6, if required)