Any UK location
Feeling constrained? Looking for more of a free hand and freedom?
Our multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy client are looking for an ambitious, experienced and motivated arboriculturalist to lead their consultancy services, working on a range of project types. The role offers an exciting opportunity for an Arb professional looking to progress their career, as it presents the opportunity to grow an arboricultural team as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team, whilst working closely with, and supported by, our ecologists and GIS team. You will be responsible for the preparation of tenders at the outset of a project, and for promoting and further developing our arboricultural services, whilst providing specialist tree advice on a wide range of issues at all stages of development, particularly at the pre-planning design and application stages.
The role can be based anywhere in UK where a good spread of offices allows access when required but also actively embraces hybrid and flexible working.
- National Diploma in Arboriculture, degree or equivalent qualification.
- A sound knowledge of visual tree and hedgerow assessment and experience in the preparation and delivery of baseline condition assessments, arboricultural impact assessments, arboricultural method statements, and the provision of arboricultural advice both internally and to client teams on development related projects.
- Comprehensive understanding and identification of tree defects and diseases.
- Extensive experience of site monitoring and supervision of works on sites.
- Substantial knowledge of Tree Preservation Orders and UK Planning Legislation.
- Experience in applying for, and advising clients on felling licenses, and preparation of forestry, tree and woodland management plans.
- Able to advise design teams in relation to the implementation of BS 5837: 2012 – Trees in Relation to Design, Demolition and Construction.
- A clear commercial understanding of the industry, coupled with excellent communication skills at all levels, as well as good project/client management and personal organisational skills.
- An ability to work closely with Local Authority tree officers, planners, architects, ecologists and other professionals.
- An ability to develop junior team members.
- A full driving licence.