Due to a steadily increasing order book, our client are currently seeking a Senior or Principal Ecologist to join them in Bristol.
An award winning, independent consultancy, they see their staff as far more than cogs in a machine. They firmly believe in the unique skills and experience everyone brings to their consultancy and offer the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects from inception through to delivery. They deliver high quality professional work with a strong emphasis on effective and innovative solutions in design and planning. As part of the friendly team you will be working alongside their landscape architects and environmental planners, where you will be involved in all stages of project development, from tendering through to completion.
Key role requirements:
- If Senior, they seek at least five years’ relevant consultancy experience and membership of CIEEM; If Principal, they seek at least eight year’s relevant consultancy experience and membership of CIEEM;
- experience of managing complex projects;
- strong project management skills and client facing;
- ability to inspire and encourage junior members of staff;
- strong survey and assessment skills;
- held EPS mitigation licences within the last three years (Senior: advantageous) (Principal: essential);
- experience of EIA and HRA;
- hold protected species licences (Senior: advantageous) (Principal: essential);
- understanding of the UK planning process and legal framework;
- hold a full UK driving licence;
- have an ecological/environmental related degree;
- Supporting business development and tenders;
- Understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain and UK Habs
The opportunity to join an outstanding team! Many members of the team joined them early in their careers and have progressed to Senior and Principal level. They believe in investing in the right people and offer an inspiring and supportive working environment. Their aim is to support everyone in developing their career and they encourage their team to develop their skills through a range of CPD.
They recognise the importance of maintaining an appropriate work-life balance and have an active TOIL policy and offer flexible working. You will also benefit from technical, leadership and H&S training and paid membership of your professional body.