Senior/Principal EIA Consultant
Senior/Principal EIA consultant
Our client of circa 30 staff in total are seeking an experienced Senior/Principal EIA consultant to join their growing EIA and consenting team. The position would ideally be based in their Edinburgh office but elsewhere in Scotland may be possible. The ideal candidate would have circa 5 years’ experience in a similar role including undertaking technical assessments, EIA co-ordination and management and should have the proven ability to manage client relationships and have a habit of technical excellence. Strong renewables experience would be great but if you don’t have it, you soon will!
We want to hear from you if you have relevant or transferrable skills and experience to help this dynamic and growing team in delivering high quality services to their clients. Our client are proud of their efficient, high quality service and passionate about meeting their clients’ needs
The Position will involve the following;
- The undertaking of technical assessments including surveys and site visits as required and the production of high quality reports;
- Managing projects awarded to the company ensuring delivery to timescale and budget;
- Acting as a company-wide source of expert advice in respect of one or more technical specialisms;
- The management of sub-contractors and quality checking of their work and deliverables are undertaken/provided to the standard required.
- Maintaining existing client relationships and attract new clients generating new business for the company;
- Assisting in the management and mentoring of junior staff; and
- To continue to develop professionally and to make a positive contribution to the overall performance of the Company.
What we need from you?
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background and proven project experience with a good work ethos and a collaborative approach.
You should have a strong working knowledge of environmental legislation and guidance and be familiar with land use planning and/or environmental permitting.
Accurate record-keeping and good project management skills are a fundamental requirement of the post, as are good interpersonal skills and the ability to advise clients on technical issues both strategically and in detail when required.
We would want you to have a flexible approach and be adept at problem solving.
We offer a competitive salary and a supportive management committed to high levels of professionalism and staff development/training
With a good working environment, you will have the chance to enjoy being part of an enthusiastic, friendly and growing team.
Interested? Apply to this advert.