Senior/Principal Transport Planner
Senior/Principal/Associate Transport Planner
My client are a consultancy of transport planners, traffic engineers and infrastructure designers. Numbering circa 60 staff across a number of offices they are looking for a Senior (or Principal or Associate) Transport Planner to join the Oxford office, where they are engaged in wide aspects of development transport planning and traffic engineering. The Oxford office offers a welcoming and inclusive work environment
As a senior professional, you will be someone coming in with contacts and relationships that can bring or attract work. In essence, you will be a good planner, work winner and Project Manager.
As a standard, you should have experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments and Transport Statements in support of new developments, and to provide advice on the transport aspects of development masterplanning, urban regeneration projects and the production of Travel Plans.
You should be capable of analysing complex transport/highway issues, and be able to deliver innovative and cost effective transport planning solutions that exceed our clients expectations. You will also be expected to sensitively manage client relationships and relationships with council officers and other professionals. You will be able to manage projects, budgets and junior staff to ensure delivery of demanding projects. Your role will also require you to manage small to medium sized projects and provide support to Directors engaged in larger projects.
You will have either a relevant academic qualification or considerable experience and have either obtained or working towards an appropriate professional qualification. You should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in some or all of the following, be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of development transport planning.
- Management of relationships with key customers, suppliers and contacts relevant to team;
- Providing professional advice and support across the business;
- Management of projects within time, cost and quality constraints and standards;
- Estimating, pricing and delivering against work targets.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, and knowledge of land use and transport planning policy as applied to development;
- Solid technical experience, including extensive experience with relevant software e.g. LINSIG and Junctions9;
- An understanding of Microsimulation modelling software e.g VISSIM, Paramics;
- A working knowledge of the relevant highway standards, including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the Manual for Streets;
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required;
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally)
On offer is a competitive salary, pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, bonus, flexible working and life assurance schemes.
Apply NOW or call Steve Halliday at Flagship Consulting on 07812 765697 to discuss further.