Our client is an innovative company that brings together our people’s specific skills to provide a best in-class service that improves the industry and meets their client’s requirements.
They are an independent construction and property consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment. Their principle strengths are our hard-working and diverse team; their personal approach and attention to detail mixed with their technical knowledge and good judgement.
They are fair, honest, collaborative, work with integrity and deliver value to all of their relationships. These are the values that ensure their clients’ goals are met and that our client will continue to succeed as a responsible business.
Following the continuing strategic growth of our client, new opportunities exist to join their team, with exciting projects and a great working environment.
This client have a broad range of experience in projects from small capital values relating to asset management projects up to large scale complex projects of over £700m. This range and understanding of complex projects at all capital values allows the team to add best value for their Clients.
With regard to the Residential and Commercial Sectors they are currently working on a range of new builds and mixed-use schemes, including small refurb up to large masterplan schemes.
- Talented, energetic and enthusiastic individual
- Previous experience in delivering QS services across Residential and Commercial projects
- Supports in the client and team relationships
- Good understanding of the Residential and Commercial sectors
- Able to operate in a flat team structure with supervision and support
- Able to deliver across the full spectrum of cost consultancy services
- Providing service delivery across several projects for key clients
- Occasionally acting in a client-facing capacity whilst delivering pre- and post-contract cost management services; including drafting valuations, variations, cost reporting, estimates and report writing
- Supporting junior members of the team in our service delivery Assisting us in our working with our clients on business case planning and preparation
- Assisting us in our helping our clients with the development of their project execution strategy
- Starting to develop networking skills and supporting in the development of new business with our clients
- Supporting our service offer and areas of innovation including the provision of value adding advice, for example in the field of low and zero-carbon solutions
- Commenced APC for Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Building client-facing skills and behaviours; articulate and personable in written and oral communication
- An effective listener who can support in identifying issues, communicating solutions and recommendations
- ‘Can-do’ attitude that will be supported with supervision and a development plan to grow
- Ability to work with focus, enthusiasm and good time-keeping
- A flexible individual, willing to adapt to different project dynamics and starting to demonstrate an understanding of the wider implications of our client’s projects
- Ability to think clearly and make reasoned decisions, explaining the logic employed
- Already possesses many positive role modelling behaviours and a team player
- Understands the basis for good commercial cost planning, budgeting, estimating and procurement skills
- Pre and Post-contract cost management experience
- Gaining an appreciation and understanding of some JCT forms of contract
- Good time management and prioritisation skills; delivering quality work to time
- Strong IT skills (CostX, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other bespoke)
On offer is a competitive salary, with a plethora of benefits and dedication to helping you progress your career. Everyone who joins will enjoy:
- Opportunities to progress your career with a growing company
- Vibrant working environment
- Outstanding medical health care
- Sports and social events
- Generous holiday allowance
- And plenty of other benefits subject to grade, including a pension scheme, interest-free travel loan and much more
Apply in confidence to this advert or contact Tom Evans on 07976 625399.