Back to news
Tom’s top tips for starting a business
Our Managing Director Tom starting Flagship almost 10 years ago, so is in a great position to give his top tips on starting a business.
- Know your market. Be confident that you have client relationships that are yours, not your previous employers.
- Surround yourself with good people. Know your strengths, then employ people tat are great at what you’re not do good at.
- Work hard. The first few years can be demanding to get yourself up to speed and on the right track, so be prepared for some hard graft!
- Don’t try to grow too quickly. Remember the old saying ‘turnover is vanity, profit is sanity, cash is reality’.
- Enjoy it! Starting your own business can be stressful so make sure you try to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.