Top Tips for a Healthy Work-Life Balance
Are you struggling to keep your work and home life separate? Maintaining a healthy work-life balance can be challenging, especially when working from home. We wanted to share our top tips for maintaining a healthier work-life balance.
- Try to keep to strict working hours. It’s important to have a clear distinction between your work and your spare time. This helps you unwind properly.
- Switch off your phone/email notifications after work. It’s difficult to switch off mentally if you keep getting notified of new tasks. Therefore, it’s important to switch off your gadgets outside working hours.
- Learn to say no. If you’re struggling with plenty of work already, it’s ok to say no to additional work.
- Remember to take breaks. Breaks are there for a reason. They help you re-energise and if neglected can have a direct effect on your performance.
- Prioritize your personal life. Schedule time for friends and family. It’s important to socialise in your spare time to ensure you stay happy and content.
- Use a planner to stay organised. This helps ensure you get your tasks done in time and reduces unnecessary stress.
- Ask for help – remember it’s ok to ask for help if you are struggling!
PRIORTISE YOUR HEALTH:
- Always use your annual leave! It’s there to help you relax and reboot.
- Exercise/keep active. Regular exercise will help boost your energy levels and keep you fit and healthy!
- Eat healthy – the type of food you eat affects your mood & sleeping patterns
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep has multiple negative effects on your health both mentally and physically, so make sure you get enough sleep!
These are just a few tips and tricks you can do to help finding that perfect balance between working and home life. In the end it’s up to you to find out what works best for you!